At The Sunflower Room we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our clients and our website visitors.
From time to time we will update this Policy so please do review regularly.
Storing And Collecting Your Personal Data
Your personal data is collected when you provide it to us through Phorest software, our website, over the phone, in The Sunflower Room Salon Spa, by email, social media, in writing or any other means by which you provide it to us. Information is stored using the Phorest software platform. We process your information for the purpose of providing you with professional services at The Sunflower Room. We only collect the information we ask from you, that you give us and consent to it being processed for the purpose of delivering professional services.
If you create a website account, your account username and password is stored on the website Content Management System (CMS). The website is hosted on a secure server by a third party in the UK/EU, and is maintained by The Sunflower Room. The principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) require us to make sure your data is accurate, kept up-to-date and that we keep it for no longer than is necessary.
To meet these requirements:
- we will update your data or remove it from our database or website CMS at your request.
- if you receive updates on our products or services, any information we send you will include details to let you unsubscribe.
Services include but are not limited to:
- Appointment requests, bookings through Phorest software for the limited purpose of viewing and updating that information, and enquiries you have submitted to us.
- Providing opportunities to give us feedback so we can tailor and improve our services.
- Providing you with information about products and services offered or promoted through The Sunflower Room.
- Processing internal data and statistical analysis to monitor performance of our services and make improvements.
- For the purchasing of gift vouchers through the provider Voucher Cart
To enable us in the running and maintaining of our website we may collect and process information about your use of our site including details of your visits. Such information gives us a better understanding of how visitors use our website and includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
Personal Data Collected
The personal data we collect is:
- Contact phone numbers
- Email address
- City or town of residence
- Date of birth
- Health information
Special Categories Of Personal Data Collected
Health questions are asked in many of our consent forms to potentially highlight treatments that may have a negative effect on your health due to medication you are taking or a condition you have. The Sunflower Room asks for consent prior to gathering and processing this information. At any time after giving consent, you can withdraw you consent, subject to legal, insurance and contractual restrictions (see more on ‘your rights as an individual’). Your privacy is very important to us and we only use this information for determining your suitability for the treatment.
Consequences Of Not Providing Your Personal Information To The Sunflower Room
In the event that you want to purchase a product or service from The Sunflower Room, certain personal information is required to enter into a contract with you. The Sunflower Room will not be able to enter into a contract with you to fulfil an attempt to purchase a product or service if you do not provide your personal information.
As noted in this privacy statement, we are processing your personal data to comply with legal and statutory obligations and in the performance of a contract. You can always choose not to provide personal information; however, we will be unable to provide certain products, services and treatments in these instances.
The Sunflower Room does not collect the personal data of children under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we hold any information from or about a child under age 13, please contact The Sunflower Room and if we cannot immediately obtain appropriate parental or guardian consent, will remove the personal data from storage.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using cookies. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally as it is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish and this can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer. Please note that this may affect how our website functions, and some pages may become unavailable to you.
Purpose And Legal Basis For Processing Your Data
The Sunflower Room, 20 South Tay Street, Dundee DD1 1PD are the data controller and processes your personal information for the purposes laid out in this privacy notice.
The Sunflower Room takes your privacy seriously and we will never sell or lease your personal data to any third-party unless you give us written permission to do so, or we are required to do so by law. Sharing of your data and direct marketing activities are only carried out with your express consent, which you are free to withdraw at any time.
We need to obtain and process your personal data to provide you with our products, services and treatments and to fulfil our business and legal obligations. We will never collect any personal information from you that we do not need or retain any data that is no longer necessary for the purposes specified in this notice.
Where we request sensitive personal data from you (i.e. health or medical data), the reason(s) for the request will be clearly given along with the purposes of the processing. Explicit consent through a signature will always be required for us to obtain and process your health information.
Phorest, Anglesea Mills, 9 Anglesea Row, Smithfield, Dublin 7, D07 W5NE, Ireland, acts as data processor on behalf of The Sunflower Room and have access to personal information only in cases that customer support or troubleshooting is required by The Sunflower Room. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Your personal data is processed to:
- Collect specific personal data that is required to enter into a contract to sell a product or service.
- Engage in communication with you including confirmation and reminders of appointments, and requests to cancel or change bookings.
· Collect Health information to perform the agreed services appropriately, and potentially highlight areas that products and services may cause issues to clients because of their health.
- Ensure a safe service and provide industry standard advice.
- Select relevant offers, promotions and information for you.
- Estimate the number of customers we have.
- Hold personal data that is required by law or to respond to legal process.
- Hold for insurance purposes.
- Store customer records.
- if you receive updates on our products or services, any information we send you will include details to let you unsubscribe.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
The Sunflower Room retains your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with our services as our client. The Sunflower Room are required under tax laws to keep your personal data for a minimum of 7 years. Health and Safety records will be retained for 10 years and where we have your consent for marketing purposes, we will retain the minimum required data until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive such information.
The criteria for which we would continue to process your personal information includes:
· Where there is a legal basis, obligation or legitimate interest to continuing processing your personal information
· Where processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
Your personal data is shared only with Phorest representatives in cases that customer support and troubleshooting is required for the salon. The Sunflower Room do not share your personal information with any third-party without your prior consent, other than those already disclosed in this privacy notice or as part of our legal obligations under the relevant data protection laws.
Use of Data Processors
Data processors are third parties who provide some elements of our business services for us. Where we use a third-party, we have strict agreements in place governing the processing of your personal data, on which no action can be taken without instruction from us.
We collect and store minimal information via the following:
- Contact form via this website. We use WordPress as our website host. It is password-protected and has SSL-certification (https) to provide an additional layer of security.
- Booking appointments via our online provider Phorest, a cloud-based file management system accessed via password-protected devices.
- Processing our online e-vouchers via our online provider Voucher Cart
- Email using gmail, This is the UK-based password-protected server we use to communicate via email.
Transfers Of Personal Information
When your personal data is processed through Phorest software, all of it is held within the EU. Your information is processed by the Phorest software and stored in the Amazon Web Services cloud. During this process your data is encrypted in transit and at rest.
Safeguarding your Personal Data
Appropriate measures are taken to protect your personal data from access from unauthorised persons or inappropriate access, internal or external. Your connection to the Phorest system uses a HTTP Secure communication protocol and TLS security. This means all information passed to the Phorest system is encrypted during data input and transfer to the cloud. Employees are only assigned specific access rights and can only access the salon software with the PIN number assigned to them by the management of the salon.
The Sunflower Room use software provided by Phorest. Here is a link to their Privacy Notice. https://www.phorest.com/privacy-notice
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Your Rights As The Individual
If your personal data is held by The Sunflower Room you hold particular rights over it.
Where you have provided consent for us to contact you as part of our marketing services, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the unsubscribe option accompanied with all of our direct marketing or by contacting the The Sunflower Room Data Officer.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (effective from 25 May 2018), there are a number of new rights relating to Data Protection.
You have the following rights:
- The right to be informed of how your personal data will be used before it is collected.
- To access your personal data and to information on how your information is used after it has been gathered.
- To have personal data corrected if it is incomplete, inaccurate or out-of-date.
- To request the removal or deletion of personal data where there is no compelling reason for it’s continued processing.
- The right to restrict processing, to ‘block’ processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability, having your data moved, copied or transferred from The Sunflower Room to another organisation in an easily readable format.
- The right to object to direct marketing from us .
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Access To Information
You can ask us to remove your data from our online booking and marketing records at any time. Please note that if your information is being held to enable access our online booking the removal of your data will remove your access to these facilities.
To request a copy of the information that we hold about you, correct any information that is inaccurate, unsubscribe from our services, or withdraw your consent please contact us.
The Sunflower Room
20 South Tay Street
You can find more information on the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Data Protection Commissioner, Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire , SK9 5AF
+44 (0) 303 123 1113
In the occurrence that you want to make a complaint about how your personal data was gathered, how it is being processed by The Sunflower Room (or third parties used by The Sunflower Room) or you are not satisfied about how a complaint has been handled, you retain the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and The Sunflower Room and also The Sunflower Data Protection Officer/ GDPR Owner.